Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe
August 4, 2020 1:11 pm
For cool way to beat the heat try our Frozen Hot Chocolate!
- 4 ounces of your favourite Galerie au Chocolat chocolate bar, we like to use the Fair-trade Mint Crisp.
- 1 Tablespoon store-bought hot chocolate powder
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3-4 cups Ice cubes
- Whipped Cream for topping, optional
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt in the microwave on half power, stirring every 20 seconds.
- Once melted, add hot chocolate powder and sugar, stirring until well blended. Slowly stir in 1/2 cup milk, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, add the remaining 1 cup milk, chocolate mixture and ice. Blend well until smooth. Taste and add more ice if you want it thicker, and another spoonful of hot chocolate mix if you’d like it sweeter.
- Serve immediately, topped with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate curls, if desired.